The Queensland Resources Council (QRC) has welcomed the State Government’s announcement today that an additional 30,000 square kilometres of land in the Surat, Bowen and Galilee basins would be released for gas exploration.
QRC Chief Executive Ian Macfarlane said the Government’s release of land for exploration for all resources was essential to creating jobs, attracting investment, boosting exports and ultimately generating additional revenue for the Queensland Government in the form of royalties.
“QRC has consistently pushed for extra land to be released for exploration and development. We have been very supportive of the release of areas for exploration and development to service the domestic gas market, supporting industry, jobs and households here in Queensland,” he said.
Mr Macfarlane said stable policy, particularly in access to resources and clear approval processes, was essential for the development of the resources sector.
- Resources sector pulls out all Stops to keep regions Covid-safe: QRC
- Fugro awarded Petronas Contract for Positioning Services in Guyana-Suriname Basin
- Ventia awarded Field Optimisation Contract with Telstra
- Ventia awarded Anglo American Facilities and Asset Management Contract
- Sedgman secures Operations Contract Extension