The Queensland Resources Council has welcomed the State Government’s commitment of lung health checks for mine workers.
QRC Chief Executive Ian Macfarlane said the industry had a strong partnership with the Government for health checks and industry welcomed the delivery of free health checks for retired metalliferous mine workers from 1 September.
“QRC member companies already pay for the lung health checks of their mine workers and following negotiations with WorkCover and the Government, we have secured free lung health checks for retired workers,” Mr Macfarlane said. “The testing is in the form a chest X-ray that is read by at least two qualified radiologists as well as a lung function test. These testing arrangements are already in place for coal mine workers.”
- Resource Exports keep Queensland Earning Overseas amid Covid-19 Fallout
- MiningForum 2021: Call for Papers
- Celebrating International Women in Engineering Day 2020
- Sommer, Sonne, Coronavirus – Tipps zum gesunden Arbeiten auf der Baustelle
- Outotec launches new open-ended Discharge Grinding Mill Solution for high-throughput Circuits