The Queensland Resources Council has welcomed the State Government’s commitment of lung health checks for mine workers.
QRC Chief Executive Ian Macfarlane said the industry had a strong partnership with the Government for health checks and industry welcomed the delivery of free health checks for retired metalliferous mine workers from 1 September.
“QRC member companies already pay for the lung health checks of their mine workers and following negotiations with WorkCover and the Government, we have secured free lung health checks for retired workers,” Mr Macfarlane said. “The testing is in the form a chest X-ray that is read by at least two qualified radiologists as well as a lung function test. These testing arrangements are already in place for coal mine workers.”
- Orica and Epiroc unveil Prototype System for first Stages of Underground Automation
- GEOKARLSRUHE 2021: Sustainable Earth – from Processes to Resources – Call for Sessions
- Mining is essential to stop climate Change
- Orica announces strong Performance in a Covid-19 Environment
- New Hatch research reveals Opportunities to accelerate digital Transformation in Australia’s Mining Industry