The Norwegian Environment Agency has granted the revised discharge permit for the Engebø project. The revised permit is in line with the application submitted in June 2020 for the substitution of chemicals, following process test work proving that the consumption of chemicals could be reduced by 99% compared with the chemicals in the permit of 2015.
The Environment Agency’s conclusion is that the significant reduction in chemical consumption will have lower impact on the environment than the previous planned consumption.
Nordic Mining ASA
Nordic Mining ASA is a resource company with focus on high-end industrial minerals and metals. The Company’s project portfolio is of high international standard and holds significant economic potential. The Company’s assets are in the Nordic region.
Nordic Mining is undertaking a large-scale project development at Engebø on the west coast of Norway where the Company has rights and permits to a substantial eclogite deposit with rutile and garnet. Nordic Mining also holds 16.3% of the shares in Keliber Oy, which is developing a lithium project in Finland to become the first European producer of battery grade lithium hydroxide.
In addition, Nordic Mining holds interests in other initiatives at various stages of development. This includes patented rights for a new technology for production of alumina and exploration of seabed minerals.
Source: Nordic Mining ASA
- Why women are leaving the Mining Industry and what Mining Companies can do about it
- Metso Outotec to supply Copper Solvent Extraction and electrowinning Technology to US
- Hatch announces new Membership with Propulsion Québec
- Ore Reserves of Keliber’s largest Lithium Deposit increased by 55 Percent
- Glencore announces Appointment of independent Director