A Robbins Crossover TBM holed through on November 23rd, 2021, in the Andes Mountains of Chile. The 4.6 m XRE TBM bored more than 3 km in mixed ground conditions for a hydroelectric tunnel featuring a heavy duty, centrally mounted screw conveyor for the duration of the drive.
The Crossover machine had maximum advance rates of 605.8 m (1,988 ft) in one month and 212.8 m (698.2 ft) in one week. Los Condores HEPP, located in the mountainous southern Maule region, will have an annual generating capacity of 150 MW once it is brought online.
- First cargo Vessel calls at the Fehmarnbelt Project’s Work Harbour
- Landmark Breakthrough for Robbins TBM ‘Big Tex’
- bauma 2022: Reach new Levels of Construction with Epiroc
- DMRC'S Film on Phase 3 Challenges wins national Film Awards 2020
- Epiroc completes Acquisition of Mexico-based Manufacturer of Rock Drills