Salini Impregilo has won a new contract worth about €250 million in Poland to design and build a section called Lot 3 of the S7 Expressway. The section, which will stretch between Widoma and Krakow, will be 18.3-kilometre long and have four lanes, with two in either direction.
The project, which will last 34 months, includes the construction of 38 structures, including overpasses, bridges, animal crossings and a two-kilometre viaduct. The S7 will cross Poland from Gdansk in the north to Krakow in the south. The client is the General Directorate of National Roads and Motorways (GDDKiA).
Under Polish law, rival bidders have 10 days to respond to the decision.
This new contract increases the value of the Group’s order backlog in the country and consolidates its leadership in the country’s infrastructure sector in which the following roads are under construction: the S8 Warsaw Bypass, the S7 Chęciny – Jędrzejów section and the A1 Lot F, near Katowice.
Source: Salini Impregilo
- Implenia secures new Order in Sweden to build a Bus Terminal inside a Hill
- Cimic's Thiess secures Centinela Extension in Chile
- Pöyry awarded Project Management and Engineering Services Assignment by Boliden for Finnish Kevitsa Mine
- Groundbreaking of Historic Long Island Rail Road Third Track
- PhD Candidate makes Waves at international Engineering Conference