Sandvik Materials Technology has signed an agreement to divest the welding wire operations to ESAB, a global leader in the welding industry and part of Colfax Corporation. The agreement completes the main step in the divestment plan for welding wire and stainless wire announced on 17 May 2017.
The deal includes the production units in Sandviken, Sweden and Scranton, US as well as the global sales and product management organization; in total approximately 120 employees. Revenues for the welding wire business amounted to 470 million SEK in 2016.
“We strongly believe that ESAB, with welding as its core business, is the right owner. The divestment enables us to further focus on our core operations according to Sandvik’s strategy”, says Björn Rosengren, Sandvik´s President and CEO.
“We are excited by the opportunity to better serve customers with a broader and enhanced portfolio of stainless steel and nickel filler metals”, says Shyam Kambeyanda, President of ESAB.
The cash flow impact from the transaction is expected to be positive. Closing of the divestment is estimated to be completed within 2-4 months, following customary closing conditions. The process to exit the stainless wire business, with about 270 million SEK in sales 2016, is progressing according to plan.
- Metso Outotec divests its Operations in Vereeniging, South Africa
- Implenia accelerates Strategy Implementation and sets new Targets after rigorous Risk assessments of Portfolio
- Metso Outotec and Boliden renew Service Contract for the Aitik Copper Mine in Sweden
- Hochtief Subsidiary Cimic enters Sale Agreement with Elliott for 50% of Thiess
- New Integration advances the Planning, Design and Development of Urban Environment