The latest Quarry Academy® will be held between the 15th and 17th of November in Texas, USA. This will be the 11th such Quarry Academy to be held in the country, with interest being exceptionally high. The three day program will once again look at how to improve quarrying operations, with industry experts and partners joining Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology for what is already a “sell-out” event.
In conjunction with partners and leading industry experts, Sandvik developed the Quarry Academy concept. Its three day program ensures that Quarry Academy is unique, as it not only addresses critical processes within the quarry, but also focuses on the relationship between each process. Its success will see future Quarry Academy’s being held in North America, China, Europe and other parts of the world in the coming months.
Quarry Academy 2016
The next Quarry Academy will be our 11th in North America. It will be held in San Antonio, Texas, with a program that has specifically been put together in order to give an insight into the very latest thinking in quarrying. This year’s Quarry Academy will be conducted by industry experts from Sandvik, Dyno Nobel, Volvo CE, South West Research Institute and Friedman Leak. Topics covered during Quarry Academy’s consist of:
- Quarry and Mine Planning
- Best in the Blast: Fragmentation Management
- Mobile Crushing and Screening
- Getting Control for Optimal Plant Performance: Advanced Crushing
- “Making The Right Stuff”: Screening and Sizing
- Crushing and Screening Do’s and Don’ts
In addition to the formal lecture program other features include:
- Wheel / Load Simulator – A state-of-the-art Simulator will be used to illustrate operation technique development and response to actual field conditions.
- Drill Simulator – Demonstration using state-of-the-art drill simulator for instruction of operation techniques and response to actual field conditions.
- Key Note Speaker – This year will be given by astronaut Mike Mullane, who was selected as a Mission Specialist in 1978 in the first group of Space Shuttle Astronauts. He completed three space missions aboard the Shuttles Discovery (STS-41D) and Atlantis (STS-27 & 36).
- Site visit - The visit allowed the attendees to see how theory translates into practice when it comes to improving processes. This year it is being held at Martin Marietta’s Medina Rock and Rail quarry.
Focused on our customers’ needs
Quarry Academy is one more customer focused solution Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology has developed to help our customers. By providing expert advice we are able to show the industry how we are able to go that little bit further in supplying equipment and services that customers need, and truly benefit from.
In order to find out more concerning Quarry Academy® please visit: http://www.quarryacademy.com
- Metso Outotec announces Crusher for soft Ore Applications
- GHH Multipurpose electric Vehicles: New Conversion Kits for Tembo 4x4
- Thyssenkrupp errichtet neues Service-Center in den USA
- Nornickel Proceeds With Automation and Modernization of Equipment in the Russian Far North
- ABB launches ABB Ability™ Safety Plus for Hoists ensuring the highest Level of Personnel and Equipment Safety