Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB) contracted Marti GmbH in Graz and Marti Tunnelbau AG in Moosseedorf to conduct the works on the third lot of the 27km long Semmering base tunnel.
The works on the third and last tunnel contract, "Tunnel Grautschenhof", started in May. At first, the miners will have to conduct the preparatory work on the 100m long shafts between Spital am Semmering and Mürzzuschlag in Styria. Both tubes will be excavated using the drill and blast and the mechanical excavation method between Gloggnitz and Mürzzuschlag.
The first preparatory works, such as the set up of the construction site cabins and the noise protection barriers as well as the earthworks, have started on the construction site in Grautschenhof. The excavation works on both of the 100m long shafts will begin in fall of 2016. Construction work will be completed in 2026, enabling rail passengers to travel in less than two hours from Vienna to Graz.
Source: Marti Group
- Metso Outotec to supply Copper Solvent Extraction and electrowinning Technology to US
- Strabag continues to upgrade Hungarian Expressway 67
- Rema Tip Top AG acquires Austrian Kubicek Fördertechnik GmbH
- Implenia signs Agreement to sell Austrian Building Construction unit to ZECH Bau Austria GmbH
- Schaeffler wins Railsponsible Supplier Award 2021