Sika is laying the foundation for further growth in Central America by establishing a national subsidiary in Honduras. With the new subsidiary customers will benefit from faster supply of Sika products and solutions as well as an expanding product range.
The new national subsidiary will enable Sika to broaden its range of solutions for the private and commercial construction sectors in Honduras and expand its position in the fast-growing market. Both segments are growing rapidly and several major projects are at the planning or implementation stages.
Christoph Ganz, Regional Manager Americas: "The new national subsidiary will enable us to optimize the way we procure and import products from the Sika network and continue to efficiently develop the market by providing competitive prices and greater customer proximity. Sika is already number one in Latin America and the new subsidiary in Honduras will consolidate this position."
Infrastructure investments stimulate growth
Honduras is the second-largest country in Central America, with a population of more than 9 million. Medium-term forecasts predict annual economic growth in excess of 4%. The country is investing heavily in its booming textiles sector, tourism, and infrastructure projects such as freeways, a new airport near its capital and new port facilities for container transshipment at Puerto Cortez on the north coast.
- Liugong & UOB to forge a Strategic Partnership in Southeast Asia
- Strengthening its Values Alliance for Top Value Creation: Continental realigns for Future Mobility
- Elkuch Bator AG Switzerland and ATA Hill & Smith AB Sweden cooperate
- Schweizer Bundesrat Schneider-Ammann besucht neues Sikawerk in Aserbaidschan
- Update on Subpoena from United States Department of Justice