Sika has opened a new production plant in Central America, located in Palin in the metropolitan area of Guatemala City. This move further expands the company's market position in the emerging countries of the region. The portfolio of locally manufactured products includes concrete admixtures, mortars, and liquid applied membranes, which will be used to supply the neighboring countries of Honduras and El Salvador as well as the domestic market.
In Palin, Sika has invested in a state-of-the-art plant, and grouped together and expanded its existing business activities in the Guatemala City metropolitan area. New production lines at the site have been installed for mortars and acrylic liquid applied membranes, and existing production lines for concrete admixtures have been relocated and modernized. The new plant and supply center will result in a six-fold increase in overall capacity. The plant is remarkable thanks to the optimum production processes and the logistic efficiency it delivers. Its modular design means it can be enlarged when demand rises. With the integrated R&D laboratories and customer service center, as well as the distribution warehouse, and the expanded production lines, Sika will improve its customer service and the availability of its innovative product range in the region.
Christoph Ganz, Regional Manager Americas: "With the new site, we have created a strategic hub in the region for further expanding our business in Central America - which has around 36 million inhabitants. In particular, we also want to benefit from the planned investments in infrastructure and the transport sector, which will include new facilities for water supply and schools, as well as bridges and roads."
Source: Sika AG
- Sika announces Record Results in first Half of 2021 – strong Growth in Sales and EBIT
- Sustainable Construction Sites – Teco 2030 and Implenia receive public Funding for developing zero-emission Construction Site Solutions
- Metso Outotec and Hispano Japonesa de Maquinaria to expand Partnership in Spain
- Acquisition: Rema Tip Top strengthens its Position in the Belgian Market
- Concentration on Core Business – Implenia sells Tetrag to Swenex