Skanska, as part of the Skanska Costain Strabag joint venture, has been awarded an additional GBP 78M, about SEK 970M, under the existing contract with HS2 Ltd towards works on phase one of the new high-speed railway in UK.
This will be included in the order bookings for Europe in the second quarter 2022. The award relates to planned and agreed changes to the scope of works under the contract. This is anticipated spend in line with the HS2 budget.
The total contract, valued at GBP 1.2 billion, about SEK 15 billion to Skanska, involves the design and construction of major tunnels in the approach to the London terminus at Euston station.
Since being given notice to proceed by HS2 Ltd in April 2020, significant progress has been made on the project. This includes major earthworks, operations to assemble the first tunnel boring machine for launch this summer and the building of major structures, such as a new rail transportation logistics hub that will remove one million lorry journeys from London’s roads. In total 3,500 people are currently working on this section of the project.
- Implenia stronger after Transformation – significantly higher Profit in first Half of 2022
- Construction Work starts in August on 83km of Railway Lines in Southern Italy
- Strabag to modernise Railway Line in Croatia between Zagreb and Rijeka
- AVA Montajes and Hatch successfully complete Construction of World's Largest Tailings Thickener
- Maverick Environmental Equipment is new Superior Dealer in Ohio