Skanska has, as part of a joint venture with Trevcon II, signed a contract with AECOM to perform drilled shaft and bulkhead work for Electric Boat’s new South Yard Assembly Building in Groton, Connecticut, USA. Skanska’s share of the contract is worth USD 89 M, about SEK 840 M, which will be included in the US order bookings for the third quarter of 2019.
The joint venture will install more than 500 drilled shafts to support the new 18,600 square meter South Yard Assembly Building, which will eventually employ 1,400 shipbuilders who will construct submarines for the U.S. Navy. The joint venture will also be responsible for the furnishing, as well as marine work including demolition, dredging, and blasting.
Construction is ongoing and will continue through summer 2020.
Skanska is one of the leading construction and development companies in USA, specializing in building construction, civil infrastructure and developing commercial properties in select U.S. markets. Skanska USA had sales of SEK 67 billion and about 9,000 employees in its operations in 2018.
- Cimic’s Thiess awarded MT Owen Extension in Australia
- Joining Forces: Hatch and X-Terra sign an MOU to provide comprehensive environmental Solutions to Clients in Saskatchewan
- New Road Work for Lane in Texas project
- Turner and Flatiron to build new Terminal at San Diego International Airport
- Strabag bolsters Market Position in Czech Railway Construction with new Order