Skanska will build a hydroelectric power plant in the Norwegian Tolga municipality in Hedmark. The contract is worth NOK 582 million, about SEK 630 million. Skanska's customer is Eidsiva Vannkraft, which, on behalf of Opplandskraft, is responsible for the construction and operation of the power plant. The order is included in the order bookings for Skanska Nordic in the third quarter 2018.
Construction will begin in September 2018 and be completed in 2021. The hydroelectric power plant will produce 205 GWh per year and supply 10,000 households with electricity. The Tolga power plant is the third hydroelectric power plant Skanska is building for Eidsiva Vannkraft since 2014.
Skanska is one of the leading development and construction companies in the Nordics, with operations in building construction and civil engineering in Sweden, Norway and Finland, and developing residential- and commercial property projects in select home markets. The commercial development stream is also active in Denmark. Skanska offers services in public-private partnerships. Skanska had sales of about SEK 67 billion and more than 15,000 employees in its Nordic operations during 2016.
- Lane (Salini Impregilo) wins two North Carolina Highway Contracts
- Deutsche Bahn awards first two Contracts for main Construction Works on Munich’s second Trunk Line
- Tajikistan President started first Turbine of Rogun hydroelectric Dam being developed by Salini Impregilo
- Pöyry awarded Engineering Services Assignment by SBB for Design and Execution of Zurich Wipkingen Railway Infrastructure in Switzerland
- Cimic Group Companies win Sydney Metro Works