Skanska will build a hydroelectric power plant in the Norwegian Tolga municipality in Hedmark. The contract is worth NOK 582 million, about SEK 630 million. Skanska's customer is Eidsiva Vannkraft, which, on behalf of Opplandskraft, is responsible for the construction and operation of the power plant. The order is included in the order bookings for Skanska Nordic in the third quarter 2018.
Construction will begin in September 2018 and be completed in 2021. The hydroelectric power plant will produce 205 GWh per year and supply 10,000 households with electricity. The Tolga power plant is the third hydroelectric power plant Skanska is building for Eidsiva Vannkraft since 2014.
Skanska is one of the leading development and construction companies in the Nordics, with operations in building construction and civil engineering in Sweden, Norway and Finland, and developing residential- and commercial property projects in select home markets. The commercial development stream is also active in Denmark. Skanska offers services in public-private partnerships. Skanska had sales of about SEK 67 billion and more than 15,000 employees in its Nordic operations during 2016.
- Cimic's Thiess awarded Arthur Coal Contract
- Rail Infrastructure Alliance awarded Metro Tunnel works in Australia
- Thyssenkrupp awarded Contract for continuous Mining System in Thailand
- Implenia secures new Order in Sweden to build a Bus Terminal inside a Hill
- Cimic's Thiess secures Centinela Extension in Chile