Skanska Norway has signed a contract with the Norwegian Public Road Authority (NPRA) to build a tunnel on E69 in Finnmark county, Norway. The contract is worth about NOK 622 M, about SEK 640 M, which will be included in the Nordic order bookings for the first quarter 2019.
The project includes the 3.5 kilometer long Skarvberg tunnel and an additional 3.8 kilometers of new road. The project aims to secure the highly exposed road section of the E69 towards Nordkapp against avalanches. In addition to the new tunnel, Skanska will build two major avalanche embankments to secure the road.
Construction starts in April 2019. The new tunnel will open by the autumn of 2021.
Skanska is one of the leading development and construction companies in the Nordics, with operations in building construction and civil engineering in Sweden, Norway and Finland, and developing residential- and commercial property projects in select home markets. The commercial development stream is also active in Denmark. Skanska offers services in public-private partnerships. Skanska had sales of about SEK 65 billion and more than 15,000 employees in its Nordic operations during 2017.
- Flatiron Partners selected for Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel Expansion Project in USA
- Cimic Group's CPB Contractors wins APLNG Gas Works
- Implenia wins a Contract in Norway
- Strabag awarded Contract to build a Section of the D35 Motorway in the Czech Republic
- bauma 2019: Normet Ground Control and Construction Technologies