Skanska has signed a contract with the City of Oslo on ground works for a new metro station in Fornebu, just outside Oslo, Norway. The contract is worth NOK 497 M, about SEK 470 M, which will be included in the Nordic order bookings for the fourth quarter 2020.
The aim of the project is to establish a prepared construction pit ready for the next phase of the Fornebu Line construction project. Further on the project includes excavation, blasting, loading, transportation and disposal of masses. Handling of contaminated material is a vital part. The project includes demolition of the existing building mass on the site, as well as rerouting of cables and pipes in the ground. Sheet piling around the construction pit is also a large operation in the project. The project has ambitious climate goals.
Skanska’s contract is a part of the largest transportation project in the City of Oslo in over 20 years. The new Fornebu Railway will be an eight km extension of the Oslo Metro. This will connect the Fornebu peninsula in Baerum to the existing Majorstuen T-rail interchange station in Oslo.
Construction start is planned in December 2020 and will be delivered in the first quarter of 2023.
Skanska is one of the leading development- and construction companies in the Nordics, with operations in building construction and civil engineering in Sweden, Norway and Finland, and developing residential- and commercial property projects in select home markets. The commercial development stream is also active in Denmark. Skanska had sales of about SEK 70 billion and more than 15,200 employees in its Nordic operations during 2019.
- Webuild and Lane Construction in $16 billion mega High-Speed Rail Contract with Texas Central
- Nokian Ground Kare – new Excavator and Backhoe Loader Tire for Meadows, Roads and Railways
- Strabag building Bypass Road S12 in Poland
- Implenia wins sustainable Mobility Project in northern Italy: Construction of Fortezza-Ponte Gardena Railway Worth EUR 1.07B
- Nordic Mining commissions Hatch and Sweco as Project Management Consultant for the Engebø Project