Skanska has signed an agreement with Trafikverket, the Swedish Transport Administration, to build double lanes for the freight railway Hamnbanan, the Eriksberg-Pölsebo stage, in Gothenburg, Sweden. The contract is worth about SEK 1.3 billion, which will be included in the order bookings for Skanska Sweden for the third quarter of 2019.
The extension is 1,900 m, of which 1,100 m will be a tunnel, north of the existing single track. The project also includes construction of temporary tracks for traffic diversion, demolition of an existing facility including a bridge, new pedestrian and cycle paths, new football field, as well as a new clubhouse for Eriksbergs IF.
Construction is scheduled for fall 2019 and the entire project will be completed in 2024.
Skanska is one of the leading development and construction companies in the Nordics, with operations in building construction and civil engineering in Sweden, Norway and Finland, and developing residential- and commercial property projects in select home markets. The commercial development stream is also active in Denmark. Skanska had sales of about SEK 67 billion and more than 15,500 employees in its Nordic operations during 2018.
- Settlement North/South Metro Project, Cologne in Germany
- Skanska builds Railway in Vestfold, Norway
- Metso to deliver a rotary Railroad Car Dumper System to CSX Transportation in the USA
- Metso to deliver Pressure Filters for dry Tailings Processing to Salares Norte Gold Mine Project in Chile
- Cimic – Optimal Tunnelling Performance is a Blend of Youth and Experience