- Agreement on partnership for at least ten years
- Cooperation in the development, implementation and testing of zero-emission BEVs
- Concentration on mid-range LHDs and trucks
- Potential widening of partnership to include other commercial vehicles
SMT Scharf AG, one of the world’s leading suppliers of customised transport solutions and logistics systems for underground mining, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (“MoU”) with gold and silver producer Polymetal International plc. (Saint Petersburg). The partnership focuses on strategic cooperation in the development of underground electric vehicles (EVs).
According to the current plans as part of the Memorandum of Understanding, the joint development, implementation and testing of zero-emission BEVs (battery electric vehicles) is to commence with immediate effect. The first step of the partnership will focus on mid-range LHDs (load, haul, dump machines) and trucks. In the future, the partnership could also encompass other commercial vehicles.
After development, the vehicles are to be tested in a one-year phase at Polymetal. Further joint redesigns, the signing of a distribution agreement, and the establishment of a joint customer service centre are also planned for the future.
The strategic partnership is planned for a ten-year period with the possibility of a further extension. “We are pleased about our strategic partnership with Polymetal and their interest in BEVs. This partnership enables us to jointly pursue a sustainable approach to reducing greenhouse gases,” notes Hans Joachim Theiss, CEO of SMT Scharf AG.
Source: SMT Scharf AG
- Joining Forces: Hatch and X-Terra sign an MOU to provide comprehensive environmental Solutions to Clients in Saskatchewan
- EV Batteries made from Deep-Sea Rocks dramatically reduce Carbon
- Turquoise Hill announces resignation of director Alan Chirgwin and appointment of Alfie Grigg to the Board of Directors
- Warrawoona Gold Project, Pilbara WA Construction underway at Warrawoona Gold Project
- Produce up to 15,000 Tons per Hour with the Niagara XL-Class Vibrating Screen