SNC-Lavalin (TSX: SNC) announces a contract award on the Fine Ash Dam 6 Project in Secunda for Sasol Group Technology in South Africa.
SNC-Lavalin’s scope of work for this project includes the structural, mechanical electrical, instrumentation and piping (SMEIP) construction services for the new facility. This will consist of the installation of approximately 15 km of piping, 370 tons of steel, and various mechanical and electrical equipment.
The Fine Ash Dam 6 Project is to support the life extension of the Sasol Secunda operations facilities by constructing a new fine ash dam. This will take the ash generated by the Secunda operations, in stages, to the new Ash Dam 6 as Fine Ash Dam 5 is decommissioned. The construction of the project will be completed in a number of phases and this award is part of the first phase, with a peak workload forecast for September 2017 and an average team size of 125 people. Fine Ash Dam 6 will be constructed in accordance with the latest environmental requirements with the final phase being completed in 2021.
“We are delighted to be awarded work with Sasol, providing solutions to this logistically complex project,” said Martin Adler, President, Oil & Gas “We are currently mobilizing and at the peak workload expect a team of up to 250. With our strong track record in training and development within the local community, we expect 80% of our craft team members to be from the local area. We look forward to executing the first phase and hope to continue working with Sasol through the latter phases of the project.”
- Tailings Risks: Maintaining Momentum
- Innovative and practical: New features introduced by RTG Rammtechnik GmbH set Standards for Sheet Pile Wall Construction
- Bauer Maschinen Group at Bauma in Shanghai: The latest specialist Foundation Engineering Technology for the Asian Market
- Fugro partners on ‘4S’ global Satellite Observation Seafloor mapping Innovation
- Strabag Consortium wins Infrastructure Contract in Hungary