Benoît de Ruffray has been appointed Chief Executive Officer of Soletanche Freyssinet, a subsidiary of Vinci Construction, effective 25 March 2015.
Benoît de Ruffray, 48, is a graduate of the French engineering schools École Polytechnique and École nationale des ponts et chaussées and holds a Master's degree from Imperial College London. He began his career in 1990 within the Bouygues Group, first at Bouygues Travaux Publics, where he held a variety of positions and then headed major projects, including the Beirut seafront, until 2003. In 2001 he was appointed to head Bouygues Travaux Publics' Latin American area. Between 2003 and 2007 he was Chief Executive Officer of Dragages Hong Kong, a subsidiary of Bouygues Construction, and oversaw the business activity of Bouygues Travaux Publics in the Asia Pacific area and of Bouygues Bâtiment International in Northern Asia. In 2007, he was appointed Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Bouygues Bâtiment International.
A world benchmark in soil, structural and nuclear business lines, Soletanche Freyssinet, which generated €2.7 billion in revenue in 2014 (up 4.9% from the previous year), brings together an unparalleled array of specialised civil engineering expertise. Operating around the world, its 21,500 employees take part in the design, construction, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of structures – bridges, port facilities, transport infrastructure, high-rise buildings, shopping centres, nuclear sites, dams, stadiums, mines and tunnels. Five companies make up the Soletanche Freyssinet Group:
- Soletanche Bachy: foundations and ground technologies;
- Menard: ground reinforcement and improvement;
- Terre Armée: retaining structures and prefabricated arches;
- Freyssinet: integrated technical solutions in construction and structural repairs;
- Nuvia: specialised expertise for the nuclear industry.
- Costain Chief Executive becomes the 154th President of the ICE
- Coffey appoints two Team Leaders in Brisbane
- Fugro’s geotechnical Talent and Project Performance recognised at Drilling Industry Awards
- Parsons combines federal and Infrastructure Units to create agile, market-responsive Business Structure
- Mott MacDonald appoints new divisional Director, UK