Geosynthetics play a vital role in the containment of solid and liquid waste in landfills, mining, energy, construction and oil & gas applications. To help design engineers accurately specify the materials needed, Solmax has launched an important online resource for engineers – its Geosynthetic Drainage Tool.
Geosynthetics are used to contain, drain and protect, but specifications will be impacted by a host of variables, from the physical environment to the properties of the waste or other materials to be contained. Solmax’s free online Geosynthetic Drainage Tool not only provides project engineers with the material properties for drainage geonets and geocomposites, it details the design procedures for using these materials in solid waste and liquid containment applications, and provides calculation equation sheets and interactive design examples.
We hope that it will help inform project and engineering design, raise standards and improve the success and longevity of critical applications around the globe.
To try out the tool: here
Source: Solmax International Inc.
- Why women are leaving the Mining Industry and what Mining Companies can do about it
- Metso Outotec to supply Copper Solvent Extraction and electrowinning Technology to US
- Hatch announces new Membership with Propulsion Québec
- Ore Reserves of Keliber’s largest Lithium Deposit increased by 55 Percent
- Fugro continues University of Western Australia Chair in Geotechnics for 5 more Years