South Harz Potash Limited (ASX:SHP) announce that drilling has now commenced on drill site OHM-02, the first of two confirmatory holes located within the flagship Ohmgebirge Mining Licence (Ohmgebirge) area of its 100%-owned South Harz Potash Project. This hole is scheduled to be completed in early February and will be assayed for chemical composition immediately once core is withdrawn.
- Drilling of OHM-02 underway, targeting completion in early February 2022
- Contract for drillhole OHM-01 executed
- Construction of drill pad at OHM-01 set to commence immediately
- Drilling of OHM-01 expected to be completed in late April 2022
- Ohmgebirge Scoping Study now scheduled for completion in May 2022
Activities at the second confirmatory drillhole, OHM-01, are set to commence next week with the construction of the drillpad. Due to a local shortage of building materials and the unpredictability of weather conditions, construction of the drillpad is now expected to extend until the second week of March. As a result, drillhole OHM-01 is now expected to be completed in late April.
Drilling and assay of these two confirmatory drillholes is targeted to allow South Harz to upgrade a substantial proportion of the current Ohmgebirge JORC (2012) Inferred Mineral Resource estimate to the Indicated category. Subject to concurrent and satisfactory advancement of all modifying factors, this is expected to allow the release of a comprehensive Scoping Study (a preliminary technical and economic assessment) for Ohmgebirge, which is now scheduled for completion during May 2022 (previously late March 2022).
South Harz Managing Director, Dr Chris Gilchrist, commented: “The commencement of drilling at Ohmgebirge is a significant milestone for the company. The first drillhole is scheduled to complete in February and we will then have the assays available to update the geological resource model a few weeks later.”
Source: South Harz Potash
- BAS Mining Trucks delivers third Mining Truck to KB Handel
- Metso Outotec wins order for large iron ore pellet plant in Oman
- Epiroc to relocate Operations from Japan to China
- SMT Scharf AG starts FY 2022 with Revenue and Earnings Growth
- Akobo Minerals sets a new Standard for Community Engagement Program