The consortium (the Consortium) controlled by Glencore and Qatar Investment Authority has concluded an agreement with CEFC China Energy Company Limited (CEFC) regarding a transaction in terms of which the Consortium would dispose of a 14.16% stake in Rosneft Oil Company (Rosneft) to CEFC (the Shares) at a premium of approximately 16% to the 30 day volume weighted average price of Rosneft shares on 8 September 2017.
The transaction is conditional on the Consortium electing to proceed following the completion of final negotiations and on receipt by CEFC of all necessary regulatory approvals.
Following the transaction, Glencore and QIA would retain an economic interest in Rosneft shares commensurate with their original equity investment announced in December 2016, which amounts to approximately 0.5% and 4.7% respectively.
Source: Glencore International AG
- Leading Edge Materials closes Exploration Alliance in Romania
- Anglo American Platinum acquires Glencore’s Interest in the Mototolo Joint Venture
- Update on Subpoena from United States Department of Justice
- Glencore completes Investment in Hunter Valley Operations Joint Venture in Australia
- Glencore report Q1 Production