Stefan Romedahl has been appointed General Manager of Boliden Tara Mines, taking up his position on September 1, 2013.
Stefan has around 20 years’ experience of the rock and mining industry. His most recent position was as Project Director of the Nuclear Fuel Repository at SKB, the Swedish Nuclear Fuel and Waste Management Company and prior to that he held the position of Managing Director for Zinkgruvan. Stefan is a graduate Mining Engineer from Luleå University of Technology. He has previous experience with Boliden where he held various positions including Mine Manager for Aitik between the years 2000-2003.
The Boliden Tara underground mine is Europe’s largest zinc mine. The mine had in 2012 an annual production of 2.5 million tonnes of zinc and lead ore. The concentrates are supplied to both Boliden’s own and external smelters. Being a high-cost operation, Boliden Tara is focusing on improving its productivity and competitive position. The mine is located north of Dublin, Ireland.
- Investment Priority for predictive Maintenance
- Norilsk Nickel Joins Responsible Sourcing Blockchain Network
- Pharmaceutical Salt – Transportation Medium for the Corona Vaccine
- Resources sector pulls out all Stops to keep regions Covid-safe: QRC
- Nominations for the Hatch–CIM Mining and Minerals Project Development Safety Award are open!