- Construction of a 12.6 km long section between Opatovice and Časy
- Total contract value: CZK 3.38 billion (~ € 132 million)
- Project schedule: 44 months
A consortium including Strabag a.s., a subsidiary of European construction group Strabag, has been awarded the contract to build a new section of the D35 motorway in the Czech Republic. The object of the contract with a total value of CZK 3.38 billion (~ € 132 million) is the construction of a new four-lane connection with two interchanges.
Work on the Opatovice-Časy section with a length of 12.6 km will last 44 months from the start of construction, which is expected to begin in the spring of this year. The section is to be built by a consortium of Strabag a.s., M-Silnice a.s. and SMP CZ a.s. Strabag’s share as consortium leader amounts to 42 %.
“As the market leader in the Czech Republic, we are very pleased to be able to bring our know-how into yet another project,” says the CEO of Strabag SE, Thomas Birtel. In the Czech motorway network, the D35 is part of the so-called northern route linking Bohemia and Moravia that is intended to serve as an alternative to the D1 motorway.
The contract comprises a total of 25 bridge structures: seven bridges will cross above the motorway, while the remaining 18 form part of the carriageway itself. The most significant bridge is a 1,060 m long overpass across the Elbe River and its floodplain area. Seven noise abatement walls also form part of the contract.
Source: Strabag SE
- Epiroc wins Equipment Order for Mine Expansion in Chile
- Strabag AG feiert Einweihung der neuen Unternehmenszentrale in Köln
- Sika opens Production Plant in Qatar
- Ground-breaking 3D Mapping System developed by a Skanska, Costain and Strabag Joint Venture scoops Esri UK Award
- Carmix Machines for the Construction of Residential Area near Moanda Mine in Gabon