- Design & build contract for the design, delivery, erection and commissioning of a drinking water treatment plant
- Contract value of around € 70 million with term of 40 months
- Financing of project via buyer credit with export guarantee
Publicly listed construction group Strabag has been awarded a contract by Ghana Water Company Limited for the construction of a drinking water treatment plant for the twin cities of Sekondi-Takoradi. The design-and-build contract has a value of approximately € 70 million and a term of 40 months. The project is scheduled to start in February 2022, with construction and commissioning following a ten-month design phase. Strabag will then operate and maintain the plant and train the local staff during the warranty period. The new drinking water treatment plant, which replaces the old plant that has been in operation since 1961, is based on a robust and efficient state-of-the-art process technology that Strabag has already successfully implemented several times before. The plant will be able to feed 100,000 m³ of drinking water per day into the existing network.
“The Strabag Water Technologies business field, which has been successfully operating in Ghana since 2012, is strengthening its market presence with this order and paving the way as a reliable contract partner for further sustainable projects in the drinking water sector both in Ghana and throughout West Africa,” says Thomas Birtel, CEO of Strabag SE.
Financing via buyer credit with export guarantee
The project is being handled via export financing. The combined export guarantee protects against economic and political risks. It was possible to obtain this sort of financing because the project involves an export transaction with a minimum Austrian value added of 50 %.
Source: Strabag SE
- Epiroc wins large Mining Equipment Order in Sweden including Battery and Automation Solutions
- Strabag SE: Vorstandsmitglied Peter Krammer legte Mandat zurück
- Webuild: ground-breaking Ceremony for Diriyah Square Project in Riyadh
- Skanska builds the new Quay Saltkajen in Stockholm
- Epiroc to acquire Manufacturer of Rock Drills