- 18.75 km section of the A2 between Siedlce West and Malinowiec
- Contract value: €153 million
- Completion: end of 2024
Strabag, the European-based construction technology group, has won a large motorway construction contract in Poland. The group’s Polish subsidiary was awarded the € 153 million design-and-build contract by the country’s General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways (GDDKiA). The 18.75 km section of the A2 between Siedlce West and Malinowiec is to be completed by the end of 2024.
"We are pleased to have been awarded another important section of Poland’s transportation infrastructure network. Currently we are working on twelve expressway and motorway sections in Poland with a total length of more than 161 km,” says Thomas Birtel, CEO of Strabag SE.
Dual carriageway along new route
The contract calls for a dual carriageway with two lanes in each direction to be built along a completely new route. Space for a possible third lane is already covered in the design. The contract also includes the Siedlce South exit, two rest areas and a motorway service station.
Source: Strabag SE
- Strabag SE: Rekordauftragsbestand, leichte Erholung der Bauleistung 2021
- Railway Line moved to make Way for Metro
- Vale started Vargem Grande Complex Filtration Plant Operation
- Implenia to build one of the World’s deepest Metro Stations
- Cimic’s Leighton Asia and Broad Construction secure $100M in Project Wins