- Construction of 8.4 km section from Babice to Staré Město
- Contract value around € 105.5 million (STRABAG share: 50 %)
- Project schedule: 42 months
The European-based construction group Strabag, in a consortium with Czech construction company Eurovia CS, has been awarded the contract to build a new section of the D55 motorway in the Zlín Region. The contract is worth the equivalent of around € 105.5 million (approx. CZK 2.85 billion), with Strabag’s share amounting to 50 % of the total. Works on the 8.4 km long Babice–Staré Město section will last 42 months.
“When fully completed, the D55 motorway will be the most important transport corridor connecting the Czech business centres of Olomouc, Zlín and Břeclav. We are pleased to be contributing our extensive transportation infrastructure experience to the further expansion of an efficient Czech motorway network,” says Thomas Birtel, CEO of Strabag SE.
Challenging construction project with 18 bridges
The construction project comprises a total of 8.48 km of asphalt concrete roadway, 18 bridge structures (including two railway bridges), six retaining walls with a total length of around 1,800 m, two noise barriers with a length of around 2,000 m and 28 water management structures.
Source: Strabag SE
- Fugro’s QuickVision and InclinoCam Solutions support Monopile Installation for first Wind Turbines in US federal Waters
- Implenia accelerates Strategy Implementation and sets new Targets after rigorous Risk assessments of Portfolio
- Sedgman wins Contract Extensions in QLD
- Strabag feiert Tunneldurchstich im Gadertal in Südtirol
- Innsbrucker Kommunalbetriebe und BBT SE errichteten neues Unterwerk im Ahrental