- 78 km between the capital Kigali and the border town Gatuna
- Construction time 2012–2015
In July 2011 Strabag International GmbH was awarded the contract to rehabilitate the 78 km long road between the capital Kigali and the border town Gatuna in Rwanda. After a construction period of 44 month the inauguration took place on schedule in the presence of Minister of Infrastructure James Musoni and Neven Mimica, the European Union Commissioner for International Cooperation and Development.
Construction works had started in January 2012. This road is one of the main routes linking Rwanda to Kampala, the capital of Uganda, and to the port of Mombasa, Kenya, through the so-called “Northern Corridor”. Half of imports to Rwanda and eastern Congo pass through the Northern Corridor via the Kigali–Gatuna road. The completion marks a significant achievement of the regional integration process and cross-border trade and will enhance the socio-economic transformation of the country by connecting Rwanda to the rest of the region.
Source: Strabag SE
- CFO leaves Fugro after 7 Years
- Johann Bunte und Strabag starten in Deutschland mit Großauftrag zum Ausbau der Autobahn A 1 ins Jahr
- SNC-Lavalin awarded Construction Management Services Contract by Coeur Mining for Rochester POA 11 Project in US
- Strabag Consortium wins Infrastructure Contract in Hungary
- Strabag-Konsortium erhält großen Infrastrukturauftrag in Ungarn