- Renewal of 14.8 km long section Velký Beranov–Měřín
- Total contract value: CZK 1.88 billion
- Construction until 2021
A consortium including Strabag a.s., a subsidiary of European construction group Strabag, has been awarded the contract for the modernisation of the D1 motorway in the Czech Republic. The contract, which has a total value of CZK 1.88 billion (~ € 72.7 million), comprises the complete renewal of the cement concrete surface of the D1 motorway between Velký Beranov and Měřín.
The total section to be modernised measures 14.8 km in length. Completion is scheduled within a project period of three years. Working on the project are the consortium leader Strabag and its two partner companies Metrostav a.s. and Eurovia CS a.s.
As one of the leading companies in the Czech transportation infrastructures sector, we have already proven our expertise in projects such as the construction of the D3 motorway linking Prague with the Austrian border,” says Strabag SE CEO Thomas Birtel.
The project will begin with a temporary widening of the motorway in the direction of Prague to allow the full renovation of the road surface in the direction of Brno. First, the roadway will be removed, the sublayers recycled, and the new surfacing laid. This will be followed by the renewal of the roadway in the direction of Prague. The works comprise repair and demolition, the upgrade of ten motorway bridges, the demolition and reconstruction of a motorway overpass and the construction of a new animal overpass. Also forming part of the project are the demolition and new construction of noise barriers.
Source: Strabag SE
- Porr to modernise Railway Lines in industrial zone of Upper Silesia in Poland
- Skanska builds Skarvberg Tunnel in Norway
- First Tower Crane arrives as HS2 prepares to demolish Euston Towers
- Bauer Indonesia completes Expansion of Taxiway at Jakarta Airport
- Cimic's Sedgman wins Coal Contract in Queensland