- Tunnelling works for sewerage system in Singapore
- Contract volume: € 309 million
- Construction time from March 2018 to September 2023
Züblin, a subsidiary of European-based construction group Strabag SE, has been hired by PUB, Singapore’s national water agency, to build 11.9 km of tunnels for the sewerage system of the city. The contract is a part of the Deep Tunnel Sewerage System (DTSS) Phase 2 project and worth € 309 million. Construction is scheduled to start in March 2018 and will be finished in September 2023. Four tunnel boring machines will trench to give three-and-a-half to six metre wide tunnels.
About Deep Tunnel Sewerage System (DTSS)
The DTSS uses deep tunnel sewers to convey waste water by gravity to centralised water treatment plants, where the waste water is cleaned. The whole DTSS project is divided into two phases. Phase one was completed in 2008, where Züblin successfully constructed one section of the project. Phase two will be completed in 2025. Upon completion, Singapore will have an additional conveyance system that is made up of 60 km of link sewers and 40 km of deep tunnels.
Source: Strabag SE
- Historischer Durchschlag im Koralmtunnel: Erstmals direkte Verbindung zwischen Kärnten und Steiermark durch die Koralpe
- First Half of 2018: Strong Growth and Profit Improvement in Normet
- Implenia erhält Infrastrukturgroßauftrag in Lyon in Frankreich
- Implenia wins major Infrastructure Order in Lyon in France
- Brenner Basistunnel: TBM-Komponente „Flavia” gelangt zu „Virginia”