- 30 km section to be modernised and extended with addition of second track
- 3 stations along the line will also be upgraded
- Contract value: € 364 million (Strabag share: 66 %)
The publicly listed Strabag SE Group has been awarded the contract to upgrade a 30 km section of railway in south-eastern Hungary via its Hungarian railway construction subsidiary Strabag Rail Kft. The contract, which is worth a total of € 364 million, will be executed in a consortium with a Hungarian partner (Strabag share: 66 %).
With the official signing last week started the financing phase. It will be followed by a 33 month long construction phase.
“The dual-track upgrade of this section of railway from Békéscsaba station to the national border will help to modernise an important link along the Trans-European Network. This improves the connection between internal markets and the Black Sea ports,” says Thomas Birtel, CEO of Strabag SE.
Everything from a single source: railway construction, building construction, road construction
Strabag is contributing the entire range of the group' services to this infrastructure project. In addition to the track construction work, the contract also includes the overhead lines, the safety and signalling systems, the modification of three stations, including park and ride facilities, as well as road construction and civil engineering works. The stations Kétegyháza and Lökösháza will also be adapted to be barrier-free.
Source: Strabag SE
- Fugro wins multi-year Contract to build new Pavement Management System for Manitoba in Canada
- Robbins Crossover TBM breaks World Records twice over
- Fugro wins multi-year Contract to build new Pavement Management System for Manitoba
- Strabag baut Autobahnanschluss für rumänisches Wirtschaftszentrum Oradea
- Strabag acquires Metro Projects in Prague