Superior Industries Inc., a U.S. based manufacturer and global supplier of bulk material processing and handling systems, debuted an expanded line of Mine Duty Idlers at Minexpo International 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
Exclusive to Superior, a new double tube (DT) design features inner and outer tube construction giving the idler increased rigidity for higher load ratings. This design has a 20% higher load rating than CEMA, which improves service life. The inner tube insulates the bearing from vibration, reducing misalignment and increasing the life of the bearing. As the outer shelf wears, the inner tube maintains the structural integrity of the roller.
The double tube models are available in belt widths up to 120” and are equipped with bearing sizes up to 60mm. According to Superior, this double tube product line has proven capabilities, having tested at some of the highest capacity iron ore mines in the world.
Unrivaled in the market, the 30mm bearing DX Idler is designed with a ¼” thick wall for added durability.
Source: Superior Industries Inc.
- Queensland Resource Companies Investing in new Technologies to reduce Emissions
- Nordic Iron Ore publishes the Executive Summary of the Blötberget Feasibility Study
- Halbach & Braun takes over the mining products of Wollbrecht TIG mbH
- Salini Impregilo Group wins Tunnelling Contract in Washington, U.S.A.
- 1000 Coal Jobs a Step closer with Environmental Authority for Olive Downs Mine