Sweco has been commissioned by Danish Railways (DSB) to design and manage the construction and planning of the renovation of the Østerport train station in Copenhagen. The end result will be a modern junction linking existing rail lines with the city’s new City Ring underground metro line. The assignment is valued at approximately SEK 21 million.
”In this project Sweco will help link together Copenhagen’s public transport system and make life easier for the city’s commuters. With our many years of experience in renovating older stations, we’re able to meet DSB’s requirements for a renovation that causes as few disturbances for travellers as possible,” says John Chubb, President of Sweco Denmark.
The 100-plus-year-old Østerport station is Copenhagen’s busiest railway station. It will now be renovated and prepared for connection with the new City Ring underground metro line. The station will be open as usual during the renovation.
Sweco has been commissioned to design and manage the construction and planning of the project. The project group has broad expertise and includes experts in areas ranging from architecture and lighting to railway safety and work environment.
Sweco’s work on the project will begin immediately and continue through early 2019, when the new underground metro station is scheduled to open.
- New Vice President Membrane Solutions for Mann+Hummel
- Neuer Director People and Culture bei der Beumer Group
- Individual Value Adjustment from a legal Dispute affects consolidated financial Statement 2019 of Bauer AG
- Robbins Main Beam overcomes Obstacles in Guangxi Province
- Brenner Base Tunnel: Italian Infrastructure Minister De Micheli visits Salini Impregilo Site at sustainable Mobility Project in Europe