The new metro railway will service Greater Western Sydney linking communities and travellers with the new Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport and Western Sydney Aerotropolis.
Planning for the Sydney Metro – Western Sydney Airport project has progressed with lodgement of the Submissions Report.
The Environmental Impact Statement for the project was placed on public exhibition in late 2020 with the community encouraged to have their say on the project.
The Submissions Report responds to issues raised by the community and stakeholders during the exhibition.
The Australian and NSW governments have a shared objective of having Sydney Metro – Western Sydney Airport operational when Western Sydney International airport opens for passenger services.
Early works construction is underway with Sydney Metro undertaking geotechnical and survey investigations along the project alignment to help inform the planning and design of the project.
Source: Sydney Metro
- Fugro finishes first Phase on Alcatel Submarine Networks’ transpacific Bifrost Cable System
- QRC welcomes Federal Government's Plan for Growth in the North
- Railway Line moved to make Way for Metro
- Vale started Vargem Grande Complex Filtration Plant Operation
- Sydney Metro's Station at Waterloo – Building goes forward