The new metro railway will service Greater Western Sydney linking communities and travellers with the new Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport and Western Sydney Aerotropolis.
Planning for the Sydney Metro – Western Sydney Airport project has progressed with lodgement of the Submissions Report.
The Environmental Impact Statement for the project was placed on public exhibition in late 2020 with the community encouraged to have their say on the project.
The Submissions Report responds to issues raised by the community and stakeholders during the exhibition.
The Australian and NSW governments have a shared objective of having Sydney Metro – Western Sydney Airport operational when Western Sydney International airport opens for passenger services.
Early works construction is underway with Sydney Metro undertaking geotechnical and survey investigations along the project alignment to help inform the planning and design of the project.
Source: Sydney Metro
- Fugro continues University of Western Australia Chair in Geotechnics for 5 more Years
- Strabag continues to upgrade Hungarian Expressway 67
- Wärtsilä Energy Storage Solution to support the Decarbonisation of Mining Operations in Australia
- Implenia signs Agreement to sell Austrian Building Construction unit to ZECH Bau Austria GmbH
- Critical Minerals Explorers connect the Dots to Investment Opportunity