Modern surveying often relies on data from satellite-based GNSS systems, as do modern navigation systems, too. But what if there is no satellite reception? This could be the case underground, in tunnels or in large-scale constructions. And what if, as in tunnel-building, the highest level of precision is crucial when measuring direction?
AJ Lucas Group Limited (ASX:AJL) (Lucas) refers to its announcement on 13 June 2013 in which it advised that it was negotiating contracts for three projects within its Engineering and Construction Division (LEC).
Lucas advised that it has successfully secured all of these contracts as follows:
- Construction and installation of gas gathering pipelines in Central Queensland totalling 32km in length;
- Construction and installation of a 5.5km gas pipeline between Tomago and Hexham including 2.6km of horizontal directional drilling to traverse the Hunter River and an industrial area;
- Construction and installation of gas (53.6km) and water (24.5km) trunklines in the northern region of the Queensland Curtis LNG Project (as previously announced on 18 June 2013).
- First delivery of PALFINGER SANY Mobile Cranes to subdealer Rustechcenter LTD
- Russian customers discover PALFINGER SANY Truck Cranes for their market
- First official supply of PALFINGER SANY Cranes paves the way for a new brand in Russia
The PALFINGER SANY Cranes LLC delivered the first Mobile Cranes, with lifting capacity of 25 tons (QY25C) to its subdealer Rustechcenter LTD. The formal delivery event of PALFINGER SANY Cranes took place on 19th of July in Krasnodar.
- Total Group revenues of EUR 724.5 million 3.3 percent up on previous year
- Orders in hand up 11.6 percent to an all-time high of EUR 868.6 million
- After-tax loss of EUR 7.9 million significantly higher than previous year (EUR 2.8 million)
- Adjusted full-year forecast: Total Group revenues of around EUR 1.5 billion, EBIT about EUR 70 million and after-tax profit of around EUR 20 million
- The acquisition improves Metso’s capabilities to supply wear parts to its mining and construction industry customers in China and other markets in Asia-Pacific
Metso has completed the acquisition of the steel foundry in Quzhou City, Zheijang Province some 400 km Southwest of Shanghai, announced in February 2013. The acquired assets of Quzhou Juxin Machinery Co., Ltd and Quzhou Chixin Machinery Co., Ltd and approximately 220 employees transfered to Metso as of 08 August. The value of the acquisition will not be disclosed.
The target of the acquisition is to improve Metso’s capabilities...
ALPINE BeMo Tunnelling announced that the insolvency administrator of Alpine Bau has informed them that he has decided to sell ALPINE BeMo Tunnelling including its branch offices and subsidiaries to Metrostav.
For many years, the Essen based consulting and engineering company DMT has contributed significantly to geodetic, geotechnical and geophysical monitoring in hazardous environments through its numerous geomonitoring projects. To process and analyse the extensive measurement data from various measuring instruments and sensors, the company developed a hardware and software solution which stores and analyses all gathered data in such a way that it's available for sharing: DMT SAFEGUARD.
DMT SAFEGUARD is a modular system for safe and reliable risk assessment for projects in mining, building construction, civil engineering and environmental monitoring.
In 2005, Sandvik AB implemented a reorganization of ownership and management of intellectual property rights. All Swedish-owned patents and trademarks were transferred to Sandvik Intellectual Property AB (IP Company).
The reasons for this reorganization were the need to gather the activities relating to intellectual property rights into one company to highlight the considerable worth of the intellectual property rights and to gain operational advantages. This reorganization subsequently gave rise to two legal cases relating to taxation – one concerning Sandvik AB and one concerning the IP company. These have been considered in a coordinated action by the Administrative Court and the Administrative Court of Appeal.
Jessica Alm, head of communications at Sandvik Coromant, has been appointed Executive Vice President and Head of Group Communications as well as member of the Group Executive Management of Sandvik AB.
New Member of the Senior Management of Holcim Ltd
Efforts to reach an out of court settlement for the restructuring of ALPINE Group have, contrary to expectations, and despite significant support by financing partners and intensive efforts by the shareholder, not been successful and thus been terminated. The management of ALPINE Bau GmbH is preparing to file for reorganisation proceedings without self management (”Sanierungsverfahren ohne Eigenverwaltung”) and will shortly apply for the opening of such proceedings.
New D61i-23 equipped with first fully automatic blade control
Komatsu America Corp. introduced the D61EXi/PXi-23, Komatsu’s first intelligent Machine Control model to the North American market.
Cement plant with a capacity of 10,000 tons per day – start of production in 2015
TPI Polene Public Company, Thailand, has awarded ThyssenKrupp a 150 million euro contract to build a 10,000 ton-per-day cement clinker plant.
Dinggui Gao has been appointed President of Business Area Sandvik Construction and member of the company’s Group Executive Management. He has experience from leading positions in global industrial companies.
Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB) announced that its Quantm system has been chosen by the Russian High-Speed Rail Authority to investigate alternatives for two high-speed rail lines.
Transocean Ltd. (NYSE: RIG) (SIX: RIGN) today announced that J. Michael Talbert has advised the Board of Directors that, if re-elected at the company's upcoming Annual General Meeting on May 17, he will retire from the Board no later than the company's 2014 AGM.
Solid demand for service, weaker for equipment
- Order intake decreased to MSEK 21 008 (24 827), organic decline of 11%
- Revenues decreased to MSEK 20 227 (22 254), organic decline of 5%
- Operating profit decreased by 10% to MSEK 4 156 (4 614)Profit before tax amounted to MSEK 4 045 (4 494)
- Profit for the period was MSEK 2 988 (3 409)
- Basic earnings per share were SEK 2.46 (2.81)
- Operating cash flow at MSEK 1 628 (1 441)
Atlas Copco today reported a stable order level compared with the previous three months, and said near-term demand is expected to remain at the current level.
An investment in a new sand washing plant by Wopfinger Transportbeton Ges.m.b.H. at their Eggendorf site in Lower Austria has resulted in a 60% increase in gravel production (from 135 t/h to 220 t/h).