- Production was largely in line with expectations across all commodity groups.
Bourevestnik, Inc., which is a subsidiary company of ALROSA, has won the tender of PJSC MMC Norilsk Nickel for the supply of 5 X-ray slurry analyzers for Talnah concentrating mill.
In order to complete the activities to find a long-term financing solution, Dannemora Mineral has filed for extension of the company reorganisation with the Uppsala District Court.
Northland Resources S.A. (OSE: NAUR, Frankfurt: NPK, Nasdaq OMX/First North: NAURo) announces that the Company and the relevant labor union have reached an understanding concerning employees with collective agreement.
As a part of the new strategy which the Company announced on June 30, 2014, Northland performs organizational changes since the Company’s new strategy includes operations from only one processing line. The organizational changes are also necessary as a component of reaching reduced cost levels.
Northland Resources S.A. (OSE: NAUR, Frankfurt: NPK, Nasdaq OMX/First North: NAURo) announces that the Company's financing need has increased by approximately USD 50 million as a result of a reduction in iron ore prices.
First quarter 2014
- Net sales amounted to SEK 145.8 (88.6) million
- EBITDA amounted to SEK -11.2 (-78.6) million
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK -2.45 (-8.71)
- Cash flow was SEK 7.2 (-103.8) million
The multi-session event „Sustainable Mining in Cambodia” ended last week with final lectures at the University of Battambang and at the Institute for Technology in Phnom Penh. Upcoming mining activities in Cambodia on gold, corundum, iron, alumina, copper, hard coal and rare earth elements alongside with the expected impacts on environment were again subject of professional exchange.
Brazil Minerals, Inc. (OTCQB: BMIX), a diversified Brazilian mining company with revenues from sales of both polished and rough diamonds, as well as gold, and ownership interests in projects in gold, titanium, vanadium and iron, announced yesterday that Joseph Ramelli has joined the company as Vice President, Finance & Business Development. Moreover, BMIX has added Christopher Hayes and Richard Burnstein to its Board of Advisors.
Rio Tinto has set out its breakthrough plan to optimise the growth of its world-class iron ore business in Western Australia today. Mine production capacity will rapidly increase towards 360 million tonnes a year (Mt/a) at a significantly lower capital cost per tonne than originally planned.
PT ANTAM (Persero) Tbk (ASX-ATM; IDX-ANTM; ANTAM) announced that the company has reached an agreement with the Regency Government of North Konawe in relation to the Mining Permit (IUP) of North Konawe, Southeast Sulawesi.
- Samples from the Mt Woods Magnetite Project exploration targets have demonstrated similar metallurgical properties to that of the Snaefell deposit
- Based on the testing of 21 samples of fresh and transitional material from seven exploration targets, high levels of metallurgical consistency are considered likely across the Mt Woods exploration targets
- Concentrate grade of 68.6% Fe (average of all tests) at a grind size of 80 microns, including an average of 69.3% Fe from the Tomahawk North deposit
- Mass yield averaged 35.5% across all samples including 41.0% for the Tomahawk North deposit
EVRAZ plc (LSE: EVR) releases its operational results for the second quarter of 2013.
Q2 2013 OPERATIONAL HIGHLIGHTS:
- Consolidated crude steel production was flat in Q2 2013 vs. Q1 2013 and the Company’s key steelmaking facilities in Russia and North America continued operating at high utilisation rates
- Output of steel products increased by 3% mostly driven by strong demand for construction products in Russia and growth of output of rails in Russia at the modernised EVRAZ ZSMK rail mill. Share of finished steel products improved to 77% in Q2 2013 vs. 74% in Q1 2013
- The PCI project at EVRAZ NTMK became fully operational early in Q2 2013
- Output of iron ore products was largely flat in Q2 2013 with the main focus on cost-cutting and implementation of operational efficiency initiatives
- Yuzhkuzbassugol’s raw coking coal output grew by 6% as Yerunakovskaya-VIII and other mines achieved robust performance, while Raspadskaya decreased output by 25% vs. Q1 2013 due to suspension of mining at the Raspadskaya mine and repositioning of longwall at the MUK-96 mine
- Average selling prices for most key steel product groups softened in line with the global steel market
Sundance Resources Limited (ASX: SDL) advises that it is taking the next steps in the process to develop its Mbalam‐Nabeba Iron Ore Project in Central Africa.
Sundance has now identified a number of potential interested parties and possible structures for the commercialisation of the Mbalam‐Nabeba Iron Ore Project following constructive meetings with a number of interested parties, both Chinese and non‐Chinese, over the course of the past few months.
- Order intake: EUR 491.1 (425.4) million, +15%
- Order backlog: EUR 1,938.9 (1,991.8) million, -3%
- Sales: EUR 502.9 (410.4) million, +23%
- Services sales: EUR 103.8 (89.5) million, +16%
- Operating profit from business operations1): EUR 35.0 (30.6) million, +14%
300 m grading - 33% Total Iron intersected in drill-hole PL13-10; part of a drilling campaign that transected a total of 1,600 m of iron formation having an average grade of 29.5% Total Iron
Swingplane Ventures, Inc. (OTC-BB: SWVI) update information pertaining to the Algarrobo property.
Swingplane Venture Inc.’s Algarrobo Property is an Iron Oxide-Copper-Gold (IOCG) property located approximately 850 km north of Santiago, in the III Region, Province of Copiapo, Chile. The city of Copiapo is located approximately 43 km to the southeast of the Property, with the small port city of Caldera 25 km to the east. The Property consists of 32 tenures, comprising a total of 6,161 ha (15,224 acres).
Ralf Nordén has been confirmed as permanent President and Group CEO of Dannemora Mineral from June 15, 2013.
An update of Dannemora's mineral reserve as at 25 February shows a total reserve of 34.0 million tonnes with an average grade of 34.5 percent Fe. This is a decline in tonnage compared with the previous estimate in December 2011, which was 35.1 million tonnes and 35.3 percent Fe.
Northland Resources S.A. (OSE: NAUR, Frankfurt: NPK, First North/Nasdaq: NAURo) announces that the Company’s common shares as of today are primary listed on the Oslo Børs in Norway.
The newly appointed President of Swingplane Ventures Inc. provides detail on the Lindorfer (2012) geological interpretations on the Company's Iron Oxide -Copper-Gold (IOCG) property located approximately 850 km north of Santiago, in the III Region, Province of Copiapo, Chile.
A recent report by Lindorfer (2012), "Geological interpretations on the Algarrobo mining project, Caldera, Chile", presents a clear picture of the structural setting of the Property based on analysis of satellite imagery.