The Third International Conference on Tunnel Boring Machines in Difficult Grounds (TBM DiGs 2017) will be hosted in Wuhan, China. The organisers of the TBM DiGs 2017 would like to welcome engineers and researchers of the tunnelling community to Wuhan in 2017 to participate the meetings and the discussions on the development and the applications of TBMs in difficult and complex ground conditions.
TBM DiGs 2017 conference is to discuss the various issues related to tunnel boring machines in complex and difficult grounds, focusing on engineering and technological solutions including planning, design, operation, monitoring, testing, modelling, research and development, for examples:
- Case studies of TBM in various difficult grounds and complex geology;
- Characterisation of difficult grounds for TBM tunnelling;
- Laboratory testing and physical modelling of TBM excavation;
- Numerical modelling of TBM interaction with grounds;
- Ground treatment for TBM in difficult grounds, and application of foam;
- Support design for TBM tunnels in variable and complex grounds;
- Monitoring and back analysis for TBM tunnels in difficult grounds;
- Machine and tool development for difficult and varying grounds;
- Use of TBM in mines and for other special applications;
- TBM selection, performance assessment and operation management;
- Decision aids for tunnelling and risk management of TBM in difficult grounds.
Prospective authors are invited to submit abstracts on various topics within the conference scheme. Abstracts should be about 300-500 words long, with a title, authors' names and affiliations, and email addresses, and be submitted at the conference website before 15 March 2017. The official language of the conference is English.
TBM DiGs 2017 is to be organised by Wuhan University, Monash University, Beijing University of Technology, Shandong University, and China Railway Tunnel Equipment Manufacture Ltd Co. Contact information, and lists of the Organising Committee and International Scientific Committee will soon be available at TBM DiGs 2017 website.
Conference Program and Site Visit
TBM DiGs 2017 will have 2-day presentations and discussions including keynote lectures, on 16 and 17 November. Technical visits will be organised on 18 November 2017.
Please visit http://www.tbmdigs.org/ for more information!
Source: TBM DiGs 2017 Organising Committee and TBM DiGs 2017 Scientific Committee
- Bauer Maschinen Group at Bauma in Shanghai: The latest specialist Foundation Engineering Technology for the Asian Market
- Implenia wins major Order for A7 Altona Tunnel in Hamburg
- Road Section of the Marche-Umbria Quadrilateral in Italy opens to Traffic
- New Metro Station for Pyrmont in the Sydney Metro West Project
- A Day to Honor Saint Barbara - Patron of Gunners, Miners, and Others who work with Explosives