Vibration is a common cause of interruptions in manufacturing. With the long, slender tools used in internal turning, this challenge is amplified. The connected tool Silent Tools + has been developed to reduce vibration with damping technology and in addition to provide insights from inside the component.
Sensors give real-time access to information from the machining such as vibration levels, the load on the tool and whether or not the tool is in cut. By combining damping technology with connectivity, the solution holds the potential to overcome vibration challenges and keep production running uninterrupted.
The connected tool is part of CoroPlus, the Sandvik Coromant offering of connected solutions that is in keeping with Industry 4.0.
- Implenia secures new Order in Sweden to build a Bus Terminal inside a Hill
- Deutsch-Chilenische Wirtschaftstage 2018
- Groundbreaking of Historic Long Island Rail Road Third Track
- Leading Edge Materials reports Spheronising Test Results from Woxna Graphite Project, Sweden
- Mason Brothers in UK keep on Crushing with Sandvik