Turquoise Hill Resources announced the appointment of George Burns to the Company’s Board of Directors as an independent director.
Mr. Burns, President and Chief Executive Officer of Eldorado Gold, is an accomplished mining engineer with an extensive forty-year career in gold, copper and coal mining. Eldorado is a mid-tier gold producer with operations in Turkey, Greece and Canada. Mr. Burns previously held the roles of Chief Operations Officer at Centerra Gold from 2003 to 2007, Sr. Vice President Canada and US Operations at Goldcorp from 2007 to 2011, and Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at Goldcorp from 2012 to 2017.While at Goldcorp, Mr. Burns was responsible for the operations of eight mines with total annual production of over 3 million ounces of gold, and completed the construction and start-up of two large underground mines. At Centerra Gold, Mr. Burns completed the expansion of the Kumtor mine in Kyrgyzstan, and the construction of the Boroo mine in Mongolia.
In welcoming Mr. Burns to the Company’s board, Turquoise Hill Chairman Peter Gillin stated, “George’s extensive mining and construction background in both open pit and underground mines, as well as his experience in working in Mongolia, will add further depth and expertise to our board. We look forward to working with George.”
Source: Turquoise Hill Resources
- Metso Outotec Technology chosen to help increase Grinding Capacity of Boliden Harjavalta’s Slag Concentrator
- Webuild’s Mobilinx Consortium wins Award for Hurontario Project in Canada
- Despite Disruptions during Q1, global Coal Production is expected to reach 8.13Bnt in 2020 according to GlobalData
- Resource Exports keep Queensland Earning Overseas amid Covid-19 Fallout
- Verstärkung der Geschäftsführung der Fischer group