Turquoise Hill Resources announced the appointment of Alan Chirgwin to the Company’s Board of Directors effective September 6, 2018.
In welcoming Mr. Chirgwin to the Company’s board, Turquoise Hill Chairman Peter Gillin said, “Alan’s appointment further enhances the board’s subject matter expertise through his extensive commercial background, proven track record in the resources sector and experience, specifically, in the Asia Pacific region. We look forward to working with him as the Company continues to work towards maximizing Oyu Tolgoi’s value for all Turquoise Hill shareholders.”
Mr. Chirgwin is the Vice President, Sales and Marketing for Copper and Diamonds for Rio Tinto. In this role, he leads all commercial initiatives for copper and diamonds, including sales and marketing, supply chain management and product stewardship efforts. Prior to joining Rio Tinto in April 2017, Mr. Chirgwin served as Vice President of Sales and Marketing for BHP Billiton's iron ore business as well as holding a series of leadership roles in Health, Safety and Environment, Operations, and Sales and Marketing across BHP Billiton’s product groups in Australia, the Netherlands and Singapore over a 22-year period at BHP. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry and Biochemistry and has completed postgraduate studies in Environmental Law from James Cook University of North Queensland, Australia.
Source: Touquoise Hill
- Costain Chief Executive becomes the 154th President of the ICE
- Coffey appoints two Team Leaders in Brisbane
- Fugro’s geotechnical Talent and Project Performance recognised at Drilling Industry Awards
- Parsons combines federal and Infrastructure Units to create agile, market-responsive Business Structure
- Mott MacDonald appoints new divisional Director, UK