Crossrail Limited provided an update on appointments to the Crossrail Board.
- Crossrail Technical Director Chris Sexton was appointed to the Crossrail Board on 1 April 2018
- Andy Pitt has been appointed to the Crossrail Board as a Department for Transport nominated Non-Executive Director from 1 July 2018 until 1 September 2019
- Transport for London Board members Anne McMeel and Dr Nelson Ogunshakin OBE have been appointed to the Crossrail Board as TfL nominated Non-Executive Directors from 1 July 2018 until 1 September 2019
- Current Non-Executive Directors Pam Alexander OBE, Michael Cassidy CBE and Terry Hill CBE will step down at the end of their current term on 30 June 2018. Michael Cassidy CBE will continue to advise the Crossrail Board on issues relating to the City of London and the Crossrail Art Programme.
Sir Terry Morgan CBE, Crossrail Chairman, said: “These governance arrangements support the transition of the railway to Transport for London and the opening of the Elizabeth line. I would like to thank Pam Alexander, Michael Cassidy and Terry Hill for their dedicated service and contribution to the Crossrail project over many years.
“Construction of the Elizabeth line is now in its final stages. Testing of new trains and infrastructure is underway and continues alongside the remaining fit-out of the stations. Later this year, the first completed infrastructure will be handed over to Transport for London, who will lead the trial operations phase. The Crossrail Board will oversee the remaining programme through to 2019 when the project concludes.”
The Elizabeth line is being delivered by Crossrail Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Transport for London (TfL), and is jointly sponsored by the Department for Transport and TfL.
- Rail Museum turns Spotlight on Role of Fugro’s geotechnical Expertise in HS2
- Van Oord and BAM International complete state-of-the-art Container Terminal in Costa Rica
- Management Appointment at BAM International
- Salini Impregilo and Fincantieri ready to start Bridge Construction in Genoa in Italy 10 Days early
- Costain announces new CEO