Deshnee Naidoo is the new Director of Finance and Business Development for the Base Metals business.
In this role, Deshnee will lead and direct the Base Metals Finance Team, responsible for financial strategy, planning, forecasts and supervising the investment cycles for Base Metals.
Deshnee is a mining executive with diverse experience, her multifunctional and multicommodity roles have spanned corporate and operational levels, across many geographies. Among her many personal and professional accomplishments, Deshnee is a three-time South Africa Mining Rainmaker, was recognized among the 100 Global Inspirational Women in Mining in 2018 and has served as a Board Member of the South Africa Minerals Council. Committed to creating more diverse and inclusive organizations, Deshnee led the Women in Mining initiative for the South African Minerals Council to achieve gender equality, with a goal of 30% women by 2025.
Prior to joining Vale, Deshnee was the CEO of the Zinc International business at Vedanta Resources from 2014 to 2020, where she held full P&L accountability for the international Zinc group and led its transformation and growth during this period to be recognised as a key global Zinc producer.
- Petropavlovsk announces the Appointment of Mr. Mikhail Irzhevsky as a Director
- China Huaneng Group and Glencore sign MOU on CCUS Project
- Coal Production from top Ten Mining Companies expected to increase by up to 6.6% in 2021 according GlobalData
- Queensland Resources Sector embraces Potential for Hydrogen to lower Emissions
- Queensland Resources Sector a Hydrogen and Jobs Hot Spot