Vale informs that a new five-year collective bargaining agreement with United Steelworkers Local 6500 was ratified in voting Tuesday evening. This ends the labour disruption that began June 1, 2021.
The new agreement takes effect immediately. Vale employees return to work the week of August 9, with production ramping up in the weeks ahead.
This result reflects months of hard work and commitment on both sides and a genuine demonstration to favorably conclude negotiations. Vale reaffirms its commitment to the long-term sustainability of its base metals business and its Ontario operations.
- Why women are leaving the Mining Industry and what Mining Companies can do about it
- Metso Outotec to supply Copper Solvent Extraction and electrowinning Technology to US
- Hatch announces new Membership with Propulsion Québec
- Ore Reserves of Keliber’s largest Lithium Deposit increased by 55 Percent
- Glencore announces Appointment of independent Director