Vale informs that a new five-year collective bargaining agreement with United Steelworkers Local 6500 was ratified in voting Tuesday evening. This ends the labour disruption that began June 1, 2021.
The new agreement takes effect immediately. Vale employees return to work the week of August 9, with production ramping up in the weeks ahead.
This result reflects months of hard work and commitment on both sides and a genuine demonstration to favorably conclude negotiations. Vale reaffirms its commitment to the long-term sustainability of its base metals business and its Ontario operations.
- IWiM hosts successful inaugural International Day of Women in Mining
- First Nations’ Talent shines at State Mining Awards
- Beumer Group acquires full Control of the FAM Group of Magdeburg
- Hexagon unveils life-of-mine Smart Platform for Mining
- Epiroc wins large Mining Equipment Order in Sweden including Battery and Automation Solutions