Vale informs that the National Mining Agency (Agência Nacional de Mineração - ANM) authorized the partial resumption of the dry processing operations at the Vargem Grande Complex. All operations of the Complex were suspended by ANM on February 20th, 2019, to prevent occasional triggers that could affect dam stability as a result of ongoing activities at the Complex.
The above-mentioned decision will enable the partial resumption of dry processing operations at the Complex within 24 hours, totaling about 5 Mt of additional production in 2019, thus increasing the supply of Brazilian Blend Fines.
Vale reaffirms its 2019 iron ore and pellets sales guidance of 307-332 Mt, as per previous announcement, and estimates current sales volume will be around the midpoint of the range.
- Belt Tech, Inc. new Superior Distributor in Central Appalachia, USA for Idlers, Pulleys and Conveyor Accessories
- UGL wins new Rail and Mining Services Contracts
- Mentoring to boost female Numbers in Queensland Resources Sector
- Superior appoints Belterra as new Conveyor Components Distributor throughout Quebec
- Semafo: Pit Wall Failure at Mana in Wona Pit in Burkina Faso