Vale is reporting that, at the beginning of this afternoon, there was a breach of Dam 1 of the Feijão Mine in Brumadinho (MG). The company deeply regrets the accident and is making every effort to provide relief and support to those affected.
The tailings have reached the administrative area where employees were working, indicating, the still unconfirmed possibility of victims. Part of the Vila Ferteco community has also been affected.
Rescue and care of the wounded is being carried out on site by the Fire Department and Civil Defense. There is still no confirmation as to the cause of the accident.
The top priority of the company right now is to support the rescue efforts and to help preserve and protect the lives of direct employees, third-party employees and local communities.
Vale will continue to provide information as soon as it is confirmed.
- QRC calls for Labor’s Australian Future Mines Centre to be based in Queensland
- Boliden: Mineral Resources and Mineral Reserves, 2018
- Vale begins Construction of Bridge that will restore Traffic between Communities and Downtown Brumadinho
- QRC welcomes Peabody’s Australian first on rehabilitated mined Land
- World’s first all-in-one wet Processing System to be revealed at bauma