Vale informs that on this date it signed an Investment Agreement with Mitsui for the acquisition by Vale of the totality of Mitsui´s interest of the Moatize coal mine and in the Nacala Logistics Corridor (NCL).
The completion of Mitsui´s exit is expected throughout 2021, subject to usual conditions precedent in this sort of transaction, as informed in the press release of the Heads of Agreement execution, on January 20th, 2021.
The signing of the definitive agreement with Mitsui, as an initial stage for the divestment of the coal business, is in line with the strategy of discipline in the capital allocation and the simplification of Vale's portfolio, and reinforces its commitment to the Paris Agreement, as well as Vale's goal to become a leader in low carbon mining.
- Meeting of Minds at Mount Isa Mines in Australia
- Lack of skilled Workers hits Qld’s Resources Sector
- Why women are leaving the Mining Industry and what Mining Companies can do about it
- Metso Outotec to supply Copper Solvent Extraction and electrowinning Technology to US
- Hatch announces new Membership with Propulsion Québec