On Friday (22/3), Vale launched the protocol to initiate level 3 of the Mining Dams Emergency Action Plan (PAEBM) for the Sul Superior Dam at the Gongo Soco mine, in Barão de Cocais (MG), Brazil.
This preventive measure is necessary in view of the fact that the independent auditor has informed that the dam's stability is in a critical condition. The level 3 warning siren that covers the Self-Rescue Zone (ZAS) was activated to reinforce of the preventive measure, since evacuation of the area near the dam was performed on February 8.
Vale reiterates that it continues to adopt a series of preventive measures to increase the safety condition of its dams.
It is important to remember that the Superior Sul Dam is one of the ten remaining inactive dams of Vale and is part of the de-characterization plan announced by the company.
- Epiroc wins Equipment Order for Mine Expansion in Chile
- Normet making History by doing Underground Explosives charging on Batteries
- Epiroc to divest geotechnical Consumables Product Line to Mimir Invest
- Zyfra and First Ore-Mining Company to deploy Artificial Intelligence Solutions for Mining in Extreme North
- Disclosure on Tailings Storage Facilities