- The project will be carried out in a joint venture with Canadian company Macro Enterprise Inc.
- Construction of an 85-km oil pipeline in British Columbia
Trans Mountain Pipeline L.P. (TMP)* has awarded a contract to the joint venture formed by Spiecapag Canada Corp, a subsidiary of Vinci, and Macro Enterprise Inc., to build the Spread 5B section of the Trans Mountain Expansion Project (TMEP) in Canada.
The joint venture is in charge of building a 36-inch oil pipeline with a length of 85 km near Hope along the Coquihalla River Valley in British Columbia. The two-year project is scheduled for completion in November 2019.
"This contract marks Spiecapag's return to Canada. Alongside our Canadian partner Macro and serving our new client, we are proud to be part of the Trans Mountain Expansion Project and to deliver our expertise in oil pipeline construction," said Bruno Guy de Chamisso, Chief Executive Officer of Spiecapag.
The TMEP project is designed to double the oil pipeline capacity linking the Edmonton, Alberta region of western Canada with the Pacific coast near Vancouver. The project will boost access to the country's oil resources and expand its exports by sea.
With more than 90 years of experience, Spiecapag is one of the world's leading oil pipeline, gas pipeline and associated systems companies. Recent project references include participation in the huge PNG LNG project in Papua New Guinea in 2014. Spiecapag also played a notable role in the Incahuasi project in Bolivia at the end of 2015, and is currently involved in the Trans Adriatic Pipeline project in Greece and Albania. Spiecapag is part of the Entrepose Group, which designs, builds and operates onshore, offshore and underground production, transport and storage infrastructure for the oil & gas and other energy industries.
* TMP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kinder Morgan Canada Limited. TMP is in charge of project development, covering extension of the Edmonton storage terminal and construction of an oil pipeline between the Edmonton facilities and Burnaby, British Columbia, as well as offshore infrastructure.
Entrepose Group, a subsidiary of Vinci Construction, is an international contractor that designs, builds and operates production, transport and storage infrastructure for the oil & gas and other energy markets. The Group carries out onshore, offshore and underground projects around the world including EPC projects for onshore and offshore industrial plants., installation of onshore and offshore pipelines, drilling of oil and gas, geothermal and water wells and development and operation of underground storage facilities.
Vinci is a global player in concessions and construction, employing more than 183,000 people in some 100 countries. We design, finance, build and operate infrastructure and facilities that help improve daily life and mobility for all. Because we believe in all-round performance, above and beyond economic and financial results, we are committed to operating in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. And because our projects are in the public interest, we consider that reaching out to all our stakeholders and engaging in dialogue with them is essential in the conduct of our business activities.
- Strabag Subsidiary Züblin to design and build Wastewater Pumping Station in Qatar
- QRC welcomes Senex domestic Gas Contract
- Komatsu selects ABB for 100th AC Multidrive Order for Open-pit Shovels
- Cimic Group companies preferred for Cross River Rail Tunnel, Stations and Development Package
- Sika expands Production Capacities In Egypt