Preferred tenderers appointed for open pit mining contract and processing plant
- Initial construction activities have commenced to provide base infrastructure for main construction in Q1 2022
- Macmahon Holdings Limited (Macmahon) awarded preferred tenderer status for open pit mining
- GR Engineering Services Ltd (GRES) awarded preferred tenderer status for process plant EPC
Calidus Resources Limited announces that construction has started ahead of schedule at the Company’s Warrawoona Gold Project in WA’s Pilbara.
This construction activity will provide the base infrastructure, including an Access Road, Accommodation Village, Communications and Water Supply in preparation for main Project construction activities to commence in Q1 2021.
The Company has also issued preferred tenderer status to the mining and process plant EPC contractors to allow finalisation of major contracts as part of the ongoing Feasibility Study, which is due for completion this month. Calidus Managing Director Dave Reeves said: “The commencement of construction activities at Warrawoona is a major milestone for Calidus. Installing the base infrastructure this year will provide a springboard to allow on-ground activities to kick off in earnest in Q1 2021, subject to finalisation of all permits and financing.
“We are also pleased to announce the preferred tenderers for our two largest value contracts, the open pit mining contract and the EPC process plant contract. The open pit preferred tenderer is Macmahon and the EPC process plant preferred tenderer is GREngineering. Both of these companies have exceptional track records in the gold mining industry and we look forward to our journey together in building Warrawoona into a cash generative gold miner in the not too distant future”.
Source: Calidus Resources Limited
- Major welcomes new authorized Dealer: Aggregate Machinery Specialist
- Pekka Vauramo to continue as President and CEO of Metso Outotec until the end of 2023
- Sedgman wins Contract Extensions in QLD
- Metso Outotec and Boliden renew Service Contract for the Aitik Copper Mine in Sweden
- Epiroc wins large Mining Equipment Order in Russia