Calabria celebrated the start of a public work that promises a new opportunity for economic growth and employment in southern Italy through the revival of infrastructure investment.
At Francavilla Marittima in Cosenza province, the first stone was laid for the Mega Lot 3 of the Ionian Highway, which will create 1,500 direct and indirect jobs. The €980-million project, commissioned by state road agency ANAS as part of a €1.3-billion initiative, will be done by the Webuild Group, recently created under Salini Impregilo’s Progetto Italia plan to consolidate, strengthen and relaunch the country’s infrastructure sector.
Source: Webuild (former Salini Impregilo)
- Strabag Consortium wins Infrastructure Contract in Hungary
- Road Section of the Marche-Umbria Quadrilateral in Italy opens to Traffic
- Costain Skanska Joint Venture sets a new Standard for social Value on major Infrastructure Projects
- Ventia awarded Field Optimisation Contract with Telstra
- Cimic’s UGL awarded more than $112m in Utilities Contractors