Calabria celebrated the start of a public work that promises a new opportunity for economic growth and employment in southern Italy through the revival of infrastructure investment.
At Francavilla Marittima in Cosenza province, the first stone was laid for the Mega Lot 3 of the Ionian Highway, which will create 1,500 direct and indirect jobs. The €980-million project, commissioned by state road agency ANAS as part of a €1.3-billion initiative, will be done by the Webuild Group, recently created under Salini Impregilo’s Progetto Italia plan to consolidate, strengthen and relaunch the country’s infrastructure sector.
Source: Webuild (former Salini Impregilo)
- Balfour Beatty Vinci and Walsall College offer new T-Level Qualification and Opportunity to work on HS2 in UK
- Settlement North/South Metro Project, Cologne in Germany
- Oyu Tolgoi enters into an Agreement on a preferred long-term Power Supply
- Skanska builds Railway in Vestfold, Norway
- The first Vehicle on Genoa’s new Bridge